Saturday, December 24, 2011
Music
People have a lot of things that define their lives. Things that help them get through the worst of times. They are things like writing stories or poetry. Maybe they lose themselves in a good book, wanting nothing more than to escape to any world that isn't the one they live in. Some people cut themselves; feeling the pain they cause is much better than feeling the pain the world constantly causes. Some people turn to substance abuse of any sort. Drugs, alcohol, over eating, ect. Anything to numb out the world. Well I have turned to music. There is something about the lyrics and beats and all around message usually contained that I can always associate it with my life and just find relaxation. As a kid growing up with a step father that would come home raging drunk I would use the music to block out his rampage. I would pretend I was happy and just escape. As a teenager I understand that connection a little more. I have tied certain songs with certain emotions. So now anytime I hear the song specific things happen. I hear any song with a fast beat and some party lyrics I feel the urge to dance and just let go of the days stresses that way. Anytime I hear the song Shots by LMFAO I look for my best friend and feel the urge to get a party going. Anytime I hear the song How To Love by Lil Wayne I just stop. This song is one that sturs me the most. It makes me stop and just appreciate what I have. I stop and listen to the song and let the world around me do it's thing. Music has also taught me some very important lessons. Not everyone is going to like you. Actually people are more than likely not going to like you most of the time. But if you got haters you must be doing something right. If someone doesn't like you it's no big deal because lets be honest your life is probably better off without them. It has also taught me that silence is deafening and I hate being alone with my thoughts so I turn to music a lot. I also learned not telling someone you love them is the quickest way to lose them. Also be ready to tell them how much they mean to you because you never know how long that person is going to be in your life. And you don't want to be left with that feeling that you didn't tell them enough. And the biggest thing I have learned from music. (doesn't really relate to me but I wanted to end on a positive note) Stars have the hardest time with their names. Whether they are forgetting it or just want people to say it they have the hardest times with it. Say My Name, What's My Name?, That's Not My Name. People are calling Fergie Stacy instead. They are just having a bad time. Haha. But it's amusing to me. I shouldn't take joy in their pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment