Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Crossroads
What do you do when you're standing at a fork in the road and both directions have positives to them? You know you can't turn back once you make your choice. And the paths lead in opposite directions very far away from each other. How can you give up one thing for another? How can one be more important than the other? So here's my issue. My ex and I have been getting close again. Although I am apprehensive I will admit that I do want to be with them again. I know I will likely end up hurt again and it could be a bad idea, but I'm not willing to let go yet so I'm willing to give it another try. The problem lies with the fact that my friends and family hate them now for hurting me. And they all tell me I should not go back to them. I also know, even though they haven't said so themselves, that I would lose a few friends. But I also feel like it should be my decision. If I want to potentially ruin my life or find pure happiness I am going to do it. But I also don't want to lose people over a relationship. It's all too complicated. I'm just hoping I make the right decision. I mean I am taking it really slowly. I remember what happened between us the first time and it scares the hell out of me the think we could end up like that again. But I want to at least give it a shot. If anything I can just back out and call it quits. Even if it leaves me with no friends and no relationship. I'll just have to take on the world alone. Nothing new to my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment